2011年10月24日星期一

Cost-free Speaking spanish Understanding Software package : Would it be As Good As Purchased Software program?

As an American living in Mexico these past few years, I've been working on my Spanish in a variety of ways. rosetta stone software In fact, I have become fascinated by how people acquire second languages and have made a study of the subject.

One of the things that helps us to acquire proficiency in another language is to immerse ourselves in that language in a variety of ways -- I often recommend listening to music that has words or watching DVDs of soap operas or films.

I've had a lot of fun, and picked up some Spanish, by reading. cheap rosetta stone website  I'm always reading something in English; usually there are several books by my bedside table.

One day, I was in a mall in Guadalajara, Mexico's second-largest city. I had finished my shopping and was waiting for the people I had come with. I wandered into a small bookstore and started browsing. I didn't think I could read most of the books there without frustration, cheap rosetta stone store  but as I picked up first one, then another, I saw that I could get the general idea at least.

I ended up buying one called "El leon, la bruja, y el armario." (They must not capitalize titles in Spanish, as that's how it was on the book cover.) Sound familiar? It was a translation of "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe," rosetta stone italian for sale  a novel I had read before.

I had forgotten what a gripping story it was. Once I started reading it in Spanish, I could hardly put it down and I must admit I skipped ahead and read the last couple of chapters! I missed a lot, even in the parts I read, because I didn't know words, but I had the pleasure of immersing myself in a great Rosetta Stone Japanese version 4 story and I gained more confidence in reading Spanish. After that, I began to go through the book methodically, with a copy in English that I bought for the purpose of reading each chapter in both languages.

Whatever language you are learning, once you get past the very beginning level, Rosetta Stone Korean level 3  do try reading in that language -- try newspapers, magazines, websites, children's books, or whatever you can find. It's enjoyable and you will likely learn something.

Rosana Hart writes about Chinese language software at her website. http://dnjbkd184.blog.com She reviews a variety of programs for learning Chinese, including Rosetta Stone Chinese, which she didn't care for.